» Nordzucker AG Corporate Policy
Nordzucker AG Corporate Policy
- As one of the major players in the European Union food market, Nordzucker and the sugar beet producers ensure that the inhabitants of the EU enjoy stable and sustainable supplies of the important food sugar, and that other industries and especially the animal feed sector, are supplied with other products.
- As a strong partner of the farming sector, we also use sugar beet as biomass to produce renewable energy, and therefore make a contribution to cutting CO2 emissions. We also assist our farmers in the sustainable cultivation of sugar beet as the raw material for sustainable products.
- Constant expansion of the Nordzucker product and service portfolio, and the adaptation of business activities to the demands and needs of industrial customers, retail clients and end consumers, ensures our shareholders attractive returns on their invested capital, and fair prices for our suppliers, and beet and biomass growers.
- All commercial activities are strictly focused on the specific demands and expectations of external and internal customers. The benchmarks for fulfilling these demands are reliability, speed and costs, as well as creativity and flexibility. Our operational workflows are underpinned by integrated processes and systems.
- As a fully integrated part of all our activities, we respect the principles of the Corporate Governance Code, comply with all relevant laws, observe food and animal feed quality and safety regulations, minimize resource consumption, continuously reduce and avoid environmental contamination, and implement all health and safety at work stipulations. A priority is given here to problem prevention and avoidance.
- The management regularly analyses and evaluates all business activities and corporate efficiency - and initiates changes in response to the demands of our customers and shareholders. The Supervisory Board regularly reviews the operating results and the development of business activities.
- The continuous improvement of all business operations by our qualified, target-oriented workforce, whose commitment and motivation are backed up by performance-based remuneration is the sound basis for the long-term and systematic development of the company within a changing competitive environment.
- We run our business in compliance with the Corporate Social Sustainability Code (CSR) of the European sugar industry. This involves observance of minimum standards for human rights, training, health protection and safety, the relationships between societal partners, fair payment, working conditions, and socially responsible restructuring. We also encourage our business partners to comply with these standards as well.
- The guiding principles for each employee are achieving fair and sustainable profitability, generating continuous internal growth, and increasing the company's market share in all segments.
All employees are obliged to act in accordance with the Nordzucker Corporate Policy, the Environmental Guidelines and the Product Safety Guidelines.
Braunschweig, September 2011
The Executive Board